Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday, CC204 A Kind Word


Happy Tuesdays!!!

All of us are so excited to be part of the new *Flourishes Timeless Tuesday*!!!

We, the *Friends of Flourishes*, will be bringing you exciting and different challenges each week. This week Cindy Haffner is hosting our first one.

To kick off this challenge in a Flourishes way Cindy wants us all to use *flourishes* or *swirls* of any kind. Don't forget to swing by the Flourishes Newsletter for challenge and link information plus to find out what you have to do to win!!!!

If you have a Flourishes Set - flaunt it, but it's not mandatory!!! To download the card over on SCS please use the keyword *FTTC1*!!!

For this card I used the *Spring Ephemerals* Set. My choice of colors are - Very Vanilla, Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip. The DP is from my new goody stash *Bella Blue*.

First I inked the image in Craft Chocolate Chip and embossed it with Clear EP. Next I distressed the edges. The Very Vanilla CS below was embossed with the *D'vine Swirl* Cuttlebug folder and then layered onto Chocolate Chip - I also distressed the CC CS. All the main panels were raised with Stampin Dimensionals. At the end I added the Copper Brads and the Brown Satin Ribbon.

For more inspiration swing by my friends - Becca Feeken, Betty Wright, Cindy Haffner, Dee Jackson and Kimberly Crawford.

Hope we have inspired you to play along???

*******************************************

Next is my card I made for the CC204.
It's funny - first we waited all morning for this challenge to show up, and all of a sudden we have two Color Combos going on...well I went with the fun bright one - Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, Pink Passion and Lovely Lilac.

Once I have colored my image from the new *A Kind Word* Set with matching Copic & Prisma Markers (E00, YG91 - PM50, PM197, PM8, PM134) I raised the image onto Tempting Turquoise. I attached a White 5/8" Ribbon with a Ribbon Slider in the center. To dress it up a bit more I added the cute little Silver Pearls (Michaels). The sentiment is from the same Set and I inked it in Basic Black.

Hope you like it??? ~TFL~

26 comments:

Cheryl said...

A gorgeous card!!! I love all the layers!!!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Silke!!!! This is one of my favorite Flourishes sets. Love the colors and the swirls!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Gorgeous. Love how you used the swirl embossing plate.

Mary Fish said...

Oh Silke, this is so beautiful altogether. I love the layers, especially the cuttlebug background and the torn edge. Hugs, Mary

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Oh, Silke! This card is gorgeous! Love the little hint of the cuttlebugging...it picks up the swirls in the paper very nicely. tfs

Theresa Momber said...

What a stunningly elegant card! I love it!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning, Silke!

Dawn Easton said...

GORGEOUS Silke! I love this image!

~amy~ said...

Absolutely stunning Silke!

Carrie said...

I've been a silent lurker of your blog for a while now. I always love your projects, so I left you an award on my blog!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Silke, absolutely devine! We were for the Cardinals as well, although I didn't watch the game, my hubby did.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh, Silke! Its just lovely! The colors you used are elegant and rich!! Love it!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous cards, I love them both!! Ya, there was only supposed to be one challenge today...I will be playing in the other one!! I don't do brights...

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

Latisha said...

both card are beautiful!!

Julie said...

WOW!!! OMG Silke both cards are gorgeous!! I LOVE THEM! :)

Stamp and Smile said...

WOW, Silke... Both cards are FANTASTIC!! Sorry I've not been popping in to visit more, and you sure have been a busy stamper! I did the SCS CC204(A) challenge today... that was so funny with no posted challenge to now having 2! FUN!! I {{LOVE}} your silver pearls from Michael's as this is my new purchase... LOL! SMiles :)

Anonymous said...

Silke, your card is a show stopper!! So elegant and regal!!
--Becca

Savitri said...

Woah! This is just stunning!!! Wow wowser! Love the layers and the stamp!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards...beautiful lady (love the new pic of you by your bio)!

Anonymous said...

Wow, girl!!!! This is one gorgeous card.
Hugs, Sabrina

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Your Flourishes card is GORGEOUS Silke!! LOVE the colors!! Sweet card for yesterdays colors!

Bev J. said...

Both your cards are really pretty! Like the pic, you are a pretty lady like your cards. tfs

Unknown said...

Your Flourishes card is definitely a show stopper! Gorgeous!!!

Amy Johnson said...

both cards are lovely, but I especially love the bleeding heart card. I just love the colors together, and the background papers and ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards.

Where is Luke's picture?

Shirley

TIC TAC TOE CHALLENGE - #TTTC245 JUST FOR YOU

Howdy again.  I'm back with a card for the new  Tic Tac Toe Challenge ... Karren is hosting this #TTTC245 board ... I chose the bottom ...